Spanish – Fluent
French – Full Professional Proficiency
Master of Library and Information Science, University of Denver, June 2016
4.0 GPA, Practicum at the University of Colorado Boulder with Alison Hicks (Romance Languages, Literatures & Cultures Librarian)
M.A. Spanish, University of Wyoming, May 2014
4.0 GPA, Thesis: “Moving Towards a Liquid Society in the Work of Fabio Morábito”, Study Abroad in Caen, France and Barcelona, Spain
B.A. Spanish, University of Wyoming, May 2012
3.7 GPA, Minor in Music
Spanish Services Librarian at Loveland Public Library, June 2016 – Current
- Serve as a liaison to the Spanish speaking community, coordinate outreach efforts, plan & implement Spanish language services and programs, provide reference & reader’s advisory services in English & Spanish, handle collection management & development for Spanish language children’s & teen materials
Concierge at Anythink Libraries, March 2015 – June 2016
- Assist patrons with library resources, answer reference & reader’s advisory questions, handle material circulation, create displays & experience zones, complete sales transactions, manage branch Spanish collections
Activities Leader at Denver Public Libraries, August 2015 – December 2015
- Lead Plaza programs for new immigrants; taught language skills & ESL classes, assisted with citizenship questions, eased transition to a new country, taught computer skills
Computer Lab Technician at the University of Denver, July 2014 – February 2015
- Answered tech support requests, provided technical & audiovisual event support for the Morgridge College of Education, maintained computer lab & printers, kept classroom computers updated, managed equipment lending for faculty & students
Page at the American Heritage Center (University of Wyoming), October 2012 – May 2014
- Pulled & returned archival material, maintained catalog, scanned documents, assisted with patron research.
Spanish Tutor at the University of Wyoming, October 2010 – May 2012
- Provided individual tutoring in Spanish for undergraduate & graduate students
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
“Library Burnout: Recognizing the causes and dealing with the effects” Chapter in Got a minute? Instruction Tune-Up for Time Pressed Librarians, A Hicks ed., Pressbooks, 2016.
Matusiak, K, Bodnar, K, & Heinbach, C. “A collaborative project between the University of Denver LIS students and the ENSSIB students in Lyon.” International Leads. December 2015.
“Fairy Tales: Tools for Promoting Diversity in Young Adult Library Displays” Presentation at the Popular Culture Association National Conference. April 1-4, 2015. New Orleans, Louisiana.
“Acts of Gender: Selva in La gota de sangre” Presentation at the Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association Convention. October 9-11, 2014. Boise, Idaho.
Volunteer with the IFLA LTR Section, December 2014 – Current
- Monitor LIS opportunities (grants, call for papers, conferences) & share these through social media outlets, assist with writing blog posts, provide & oversee Spanish translation for IFLA LTR newsletters
Volunteer Library Manager at the Alliance Française de Denver, September 2014 – Current
- Manage library & outreach projects, coordinate & supervise library volunteers, process new & discarded materials, handle material circulation & membership files, provide event support
HONORS & AWARDS
REFORMA Mini-Conference Scholarship. Colorado State Library. 2016.
Conference Travel Grant. College of Education Student Association (COESA). 2015.
Volunteer of the Year. Alliance Française de Denver. 2015.
Graduate Dean Scholarship. University of Denver. 2014 – 2016.
Dick & Lynne Cheney Study Abroad Grant. University of Wyoming. 2013.
International Programs Scholarship. University of Wyoming. 2013
Arts & Sciences Board of Visitors Scholarship. University of Wyoming. 2011 – 2012.
Honors Program Scholars Award. University of Wyoming. 2010 – 2011.
Peak Achievement Scholarship. University of Wyoming. 2009 – 2012.
Music Talent Award. University of Wyoming. 2009 – 2010.
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Colorado Association of Libraries (CAL)
- REFORMA, The National Association to Promote Library & Information Services to the Spanish Speaking
- Popular Culture Association / American Culture Association (PCA/ACA)
- Rock Mountain Modern Language Association (RMMLA)
- Sigma Delta Pi, Spanish National Honor Society